Skip to main content

Fall Course Registration open now. Register today to get the courses you need!

COVID-19 Tracking and Reporting

  • Vaccination and Testing Requirements

    Starting October 4, 2021, students must provide proof of being fully vaccinated or get tested weekly for COVID-19 if they participate in College of Nursing and Health Sciences clinical and simulation lab requirements (nursing and dental hygiene); Haute Dish magazine; Metropolitan State University Student Association; Soccer Club, The Metropolitan newspaper, and Theatre Underground.

  • Face Coverings

    Effective July 30: Because Ramsey County has substantial transmission of COVID-19 and the delta variant, face coverings are required for everyone in university buildings and common spaces at the Dayton’s Bluff or Midway locations.

    This requirement applies to vaccinated and unvaccinated employees, students, visitors, contractors, and vendors. People in a private office or workspace may remove their mask while they are alone in that space.

  • Report an instance of COVID-19

    Students are requested to report exposure to, or a diagnosis of, COVID-19 to the university.

  • COVIDaware MN

    A free app from the State of Minnesota to notify you if you have been near someone who tests positive for COVID-19. Available for both Apple and Android smartphones. Because no information that will identify you will ever leave your phone, your privacy is protected.

  • Minnesota State COVID-19 Dashboard

    Data from Minnesota State's member universities and colleges on COVID-19 reported cases and community spread. Updated weekly.

Building and Office Hours

Report an instance of COVID-19

  • Exposure or Testing Positive

    Report the exposure or diagnosis to the university here.

    If students are experiencing even one symptom of COVID-19, they should not come to campus.

    After testing positive for COVID-19, a person can return to campus when the following items are true:

    1. The isolation end-date has passed (if you are uncertain, please check with,
    2. Individual feels better (cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms have improved), and
    3. They have had no fever for the last 24 hours, without using medicine that lowers fever.

University Resources and FAQs

For help with most questions, contact Gateway Services. To locate a specific service or office, browse the university's services and support directory.

  • Student Laptop Loaner Program

    A limited number of loaner laptop computers are available to currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students on a first-come, first-served basis.

  • Student Resources for Online Learning

    Using Brightspace D2L, Zoom and other software used by Metropolitan State instructors for online learning. Information on off-campus internet access, particularly for lower-income households.

  • Emergency Aid Grant

    ​​​​​​Students experiencing financial emergency situations due to COVID-19 may apply for emergency funds for support, even if they have not received an automatic grant based on EFC. Interested students should apply for the COVID-19 Emergency Aid Grant. Submitted applications will be carefully considered and reviewed.

  • 24/7 Counseling Services Help Line

    Metro State students can call 651-793-1568 any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak to a licensed counselor.

  • COVID-19 Resource List pdf

    A list of links to university and community resources that Metro State students may find useful.

  • Student Employment FAQs

    Information about student workers and federal and state work-study programs during the extended break.

Resources in the Community

Where to find help outside of the university.


    Searchable directory of thousands of public, private and nonprofit programs for residents of Minnesota. Includes housing, employment, child care, food, utilities, bills, transportation, health, legal services and more.

  • United Way 2-1-1

    A free, confidential, 24/7 service that connects people in Minnesota with health and human services information and resources.

    To speak with a trained information and referral specialist, call 211 or, in the Twin Cities, 651-291-0211. Outside the Twin Cities, call toll-free 800-543-7709.

  • Hennepin County Human Services Directory

    Directory of services provided by the county government for residents of Hennepin County.

  • Ramsey County Health and Wellness Service Team

    For residents of Ramsey County in need of financial assistance, social services, healthcare services and more.